Who can apply
- Filmmakers in development, production or post-production seeking financing partners, broadcast/distribution, and festival invitations. Projects may only be submitted by US filmmakers, or if an international project made by a non-US filmmaker, through one of IFP’s Presenting Partners.
- All submissions through a Presenting Partner are by invitation only and must have been confirmed by that partner prior to submission or by direct invitation of IFP. For a list of our international Presenting Partners, see the bottom of this page.
- Feature-length applicants must have at least a visual sample to submit.
- Long-Form Doc Series must have an intended episode length of at least 22 minutes; can be in development or production but must have a visual sample to submit.
- Short-Form Doc Series must have an intended episode length of no more than 15 minutes; can be in development or production but must have a visual sample to submit.
As participants in the Project Forum, Spotlight on Documentaries filmmakers can meet with with top U.S. and International sales agents, broadcasters, distribution companies, funders/financiers, and festival programmers.